THE PREMIER TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE AND EXPO
This is your day to step away and learn about the technology choices and solutions that will have an impact on your organization within the next year.
TechPulse 2018 will be filled with numerous breakout sessions and other opportunities to learn about technology solutions available to you. Breakout sessions will be organized into tracks to help guide you through your day. Stay tuned for information on tracks, the agenda, and breakout session descriptions for TechPulse 2018. For a taste of what to expect, scroll down to see our lunch keynote and breakout session descriptions from TechPulse 2017.
April 3rd, 2018
Registration opens at 7:30am
Event ends at 3:30pm
St. Paul RiverCentre 175 W Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN 55102
Lunch Keynote 2017
CYBER SECURITY AND THE DIGITAL UNDERGROUND
You've read the headlines. Unfortunately, the question now is not if your information is going to be accessed or stolen, but when. No organization is immune to these attacks. In an effort to inform the attendees of current developments in the digital underground as well as provide realistic advice for cyber protection, Mark Lanterman will be discussing recent high profile cyber-crime events, including Web Site breaches impacting retailers, banks, and government agencies. Security threats that specifically target the infrastructure of the U.S. government will also be discussed. Mark will discuss particularly dangerous types of threats that might effect individuals such as the Dark Web, the Internet of Things, phishing, and Wi-Fi attacks.
ABOUT MARK LANTERMAN
Mark Lanterman is the Chief Technology Officer of Computer Forensic Services. Before entering the private sector, Mark was a member of the U.S. Secret Service Electronic Crimes Taskforce. Mark has 28 years of security and forensic experience and has testified in over 2000 cases. He is an adjunct instructor at the University of Minnesota, Mitchell Hamline Law School, and the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada. Mark recently presented to the entire federal judiciary at the Federal Judicial Center in Washington D.C.
Mark provides regular commentary on cyber security issues for national print and broadcast media, including NBC, ABC, Bloomberg, and the Wall Street Journal.
Breakout Sessions 2017
click the titles to see full descriptions
- Beyond Backup: How Proper Planning Can Make Disaster Recovery Easy and Save Your Business
- Defending Against Modern Malware
- Take Control of Your Wireless Network Airspace
- Why Cloud Productivity?
- Staying Secure in a Mobile World
- How to Work from Anywhere
- Why Windows 10?
- Simplify Your Wi-Fi with Single Sign-on to Google and Office 365
- People…the Social Engineer’s Dream
- Exploring the Secrets to Amazing WiFi
- SonicWALL: The State of the Cybersecurity Arms Race
- Security Starts with You!
- Privacy - Technology in Healthcare
- The Human Firewall: Information Security’s Greatest Asset
- Panel Discussion - Three examples of a mature use of Cloud Services
- There is no Cloud. There are several. Come see what Multi-Cloud Management is, and why it could save your job
- How Do You Run Your Business When Bad Things Happen?
- Surviving the Cloud in a World of Cyber Insecurity
ADMINISTERING THE BUSINESS
- How to Create and Execute a Market Dominating Strategy
- How to Scale Your Business Through an Effective Operating System
- Word and PowerPoint: Formatting Tips & Tricks
- Business Law 101: The Legal Realities of Poor Digital Security
- Make IT EaaSy
- The Cost of NOT Replacing Old Equipment
- YOUR LION IS KILLING MY CAMEL
DELIVERING ON THE PROMISE
- The Power of Digital Customer Experience
- Avoid Process Development Pitfalls
- The Business Value Proposition of the Cloud
- Boost Employee Productivity by Providing the Right Devices
Twin Cities TechPulse Mobile App
We will once again offer a mobile app for Twin Cities TechPulse 2018 so you can digitally engage in all aspects of the event.
- Set your schedule before you arrive at the conference
- Quickly find the location of vendors in the Exhibition Hall
- Digitally submit your feedback on the breakout sessions and event
- Post messages to the activity feed to share your thoughts throughout the day
- Send direct messages to other attendees, exhibitors, presenters and staff
- Complete defined actions (complete surveys, interact with vendors, etc.) to earn points and see your name in lights on the leaderboard
- Some prizes during the prize giveaway may be set aside for a leaderboard raffle
Saint Paul RiverCentre
Located downtown St. Paul next to the Xcel Energy Center, The Saint Paul RiverCentre will be the host venue for TechPulse 2018 for the 7th year running.
Saint Paul RiverCentre features an intimate 27,000 square foot Grand Ballroom which has hosted lavish galas for up to 1,800 guests. 15 newly carpeted executive meeting rooms, many with stunning river views, all feature acoustical and moveable walls, individual lighting, sound and climate control systems, and wireless internet services.
Twin Cities TechPulse Partners
As a Microsoft Partner, we are always looking for opportunities to engage with new and existing customers to achieve business success. TechPulsewas a great opportunity to do just that. It was a day filled with meaningful conversations with attendees coming to learn about current Small Business issues and trends and to explore products to solve business system challenges. The program content and overall event organization was impressive and thus attracted hundreds of attendees. The Lead Scanning App provided to exhibitors made it easy to gather contact information and note discussions for follow-up, maximizing conversation time between sessions. Outstanding value for the cost to participate.
- Jody Miller, Summit Group Software
I have attended plenty of conferences in my career, from large to small, from one side of this country to the other. I have never been so busy answering so many intelligent and engaging questions ever before. We will be back again next year. It was definitely worth our time and it was great deal of fun to attend.
- Jorn Knuttila, CenturyLink
As a first time participant of TechPulse I was blown away with how professional and organized the event was. From the moment you walked in you were greeted by a friendly staff member who made sure you knew where you were going, the signage was impressive and the participating manufacturers had a lot to offer. The keynote speakers were engaging and the topics covered were relative and relatable to what a lot of us are seeing in our perspective industries today. I will definitely be back again!
- Heather Lippard, IngramMicro
We just bought a nice booth for tradeshows this year. TechPulse was our 2nd trade show this year. The TechPulse event had tremendous energy, in part due to the prizes, but also the way the environment was set up. It was easy and natural to speak with the exhibitors due to the floor layout. The few sessions I attended were very good as well. …loved it!
- Jack Boyer, Boyer and Associates